An interactive board game developed by EPA scientists called Generate! enables players to explore energy choices and the environment and gets students “energized” in some friendly competition. The game is a teaching tool that can be used to understand the costs and benefits of the energy choices we make; find out what happens if the mix of energy sources changes in the future and learn what energy choices mean for our climate, air, water, and overall environmental quality.
Make your own Generate! Game:
- Generate! Game Board and pieces (PDF)(13 pp, 1 MB, About PDF)
- Generate! Game Score Card (PDF)(2 pp, 73 K, About PDF)
- Generate! Energy Game (PDF)(11 pp, 1 MB, About PDF)
- EPA Generate! Game Middle School Instructional Support Document (PDF)(12 pp, 163 K, About PDF)
- Generate! Game High School Instructional Support Document (PDF)(8 pp, 135 K, About PDF)
- There is also a companion Excel file for quickly calculating team scores and showing team rankings for multiple rounds. For access to and instructions for using this file, email Rebecca Dodder (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Get Energized: Interactive Generate! Game Explores Energy Choices and Environmental Quality EXIT by Dr. Rebecca Dodder, EPA physical scientist.
Contact Us to ask a question, provide feedback, or report a problem.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: